Wednesday, September 18, 2013
10 awesome things about Kyton
10. After seeing my sister’s dog this summer he loves dogs and gets upset when I won’t stop running, take him out of the stroller and let him pet the dog. He gets super excited when we are out and someone lets him pet their dog.
9. He is in love with basketball after playing while we were up north. He begs me to go the the gym so that he can play basketball in the kids club.
8. When he hurts us he is super sweet and apologetic. He stops what he is doing and says sorry mommy, kisses the hurt area and sometimes even gets an ice pack out of the freezer.
7. He wants to do every thing by himself. He proudly announces. “Mommy, I did it!” and demands “by myself” before doing something. He asks to help as he did before, but then insists he wants to do it solo. When he gets excited he yells "whoo-hoo!" The best part is that everything excites him. Broccoli for dinner? "whoo-hoo!" The cat is outside? "whoo-hoo!" Time for a diaper change? "whoo-hoo!"
6. He is a sight to see in the grocery store. He insists on pushing the shopping cart. Of course this has to be done “By myself.” If I try and guide the direction of the cart he gets upset. “no mommy! By myself!” He gets some speed going sometimes, but stops when I ask... by dropping to his knees and skidding. He loves holding open the doors of the freezer sections and putting the groceries in the cart. By about half way through the store I usually have to put him in the cart because he’s just too much.
5. He looks out for fire trucks and buses everywhere we go. I’m actually surprised at how often we see them. The other day we were coming home and had not seen a fire truck. As we were turning down the street 3 fire trucks were racing down the street. So exciting! Only they stopped in front of our house! Fortunately the neighbors across the street had a fire detector that was malfunctioning, so it was not a real emergency. It truly made Kyton’s day.
4. He’s actually getting good at stopping at the street and looking both ways for cars. We practice this all the time, and he is getting the routine down. He can identify our cars by their model regardless of the color. It throws me off sometimes because I think of my dad’s car as being silver. Kyton notices all Toyota Prius cars and says “beep-beep like grandpa.”
3. He’s a little too smart for us. Today Dylan walked in his room to find him standing on a stool that he placed on his bed so that he could reach his mobile that hangs over his head.
2. He loves to sing. His current favorite is from the pirates ride at the Magic Kingdom. "yo-ho, yo-ho pirate me!" He also loves 'the ABC song,' 'Oh my Soul,' 'The Farmer in the Dell,' 'Old MacDonald had a Farm,' and a goofy song I made up about pizza.
1. He is such a sweet cuddly boy. For such an active guy you would think that we would not get too many hugs, but he loves to stop what he is doing for hugs and kisses. Sometimes he just wants to be held. I still lay with him to go to sleep at night and he loves having my arms around him. It doesn't get any better than cuddling with my little man.
He is officially 2 years and 3 months today! We stopped counting, so I had to figure it out.