Dylan and I are in awe every day that we get to spend with this sweet little man. Every month on the 18th, I like to take some time to remember him just as he is- this time at 16 months.
16. Right now he’s at this fun age where he loves the power of taking our hands and brining us to wherever he wants to go.
15. In the evening he’ll spend 5 minutes at a time looking out the window at our neighbor's Halloween lights. I know it’s going to be an exciting Christmas this year!
14. I’ve pretty much lost track of the words and phrases he can say. Every day it is something new. I’m amazed at his comprehension of our words, and ability to parrot what we say as well as use his limited vocabulary.
13. He squeals in delight when he sees something that interests him, like an approaching playground, or kids.
12. Much to Dylan’s dislike his favorite daytime activity is taking every single toy off the shelf and removing the shelves from the bookcase.
11. I think he’s going to be an engineer. He is always trying to figure out how things work, and solve problems.
10. He has 8 teeth, but 9 and 10 are on their way very soon!
9. He has finally started giving us a few hours of uninterrupted sleep about 50% of the time. He now goes to sleep around 11 and usually wakes around 6. He’ll sort of sleep in our bed until it is tome for me to get up.
8. He’s a climber! He does pull-ups on the stove, and figured out how to use a chair to climb onto the dining room table. He attempts this often.
7. He is very strong for his size and still loves pushing things around the house, like our kitchen island and our furniture!
6. He still seems to like to eat just about everything, but for the few days before his teeth poked through he was only interested in soft foods.
5. Speaking of food, he likes strange things like pickles and raw peppers. He also likes yummy foods like homemade Thai, Indian, whole wheat crust veggie pizza and whole wheat veggie lasagna.
4. He has added to his dance repertoire and now does a circle spin. He loves to dance and move to music.
3. He loves the camera, and loves watching videos of himself, and mimics his actions in the video.
2. Holding him after he’s fallen asleep… I have such a hard time putting him down!
1. Walking in the door each day and hearing Kyton squeal and run to me for a big hug and kiss is by far the highlight of my day!